- Herb Mols Biography
- The Life of Herb Mols
- Letters about Coach Mols
- 1915-86 Biography Clippings & Photos
- 1932-37 Cornell University
- 1937-42 US Forest Service
- 1942-45 Officer US Navy
- 1946-73 Park School of Buffalo
- 1952-60 Town of Amherst Sports
- 1953-78 Niagara AAU
- 1960-86 International Basketball
- 1971 USA Pan Am Basketball
- 1972 USA Olympic Basketball
- 1974 USA World Championship Basketball
- 1975-86 New York Empire State Games
The Life of Herb Mols
This website is a growing one. It is dedicated to the life, and the lives of those he influenced, The son of immigrant parents, Herb took advantage of the plentiful opportunities that the thriving community of Buffalo, NY offered its young residents.
Before his untimely death in 1986 at the New York Empire State Games (Buffalo) which he co-founded, Herb had a long career of volunteerism. He loved Buffalo, its traditions and its generous people. Wherever he travelled be they Local, State, National or International Sporting events, Herb was extrememly proud to be an "unofficial" ambassador for the City of Buffalo and was extremely proud of being called a Buffalonian..
Most of the documents and photos were scanned from his scrapbooks reflecting his years of service to the local, national and international athletic community after his formative years at Fosdick-Masten HS, Florida HS, Cornell University, US Forest Service and the United States Navy.
*Below are some of the more notable organizations that he founded, directed and/or was a member of:
- Teacher/Coach - Park School of Buffalo, New York (1946 - 1973).
- Director - Park School of Buffalo, New York - Summer Camp (1946 - 1953).
- Founder/Director - Town of Amherst , New York - Swim Meet (1953 -1961).
- Official/Administrator – Junior Olympic Programs in Erie County, NY State, National Swimming & Track Meets (1953-1970).
- Founder/Chairman – Town of Amherst, New York - Recreation Department (1955 – 1958).
- Co - Founder/ President - Town of Amherst, New York - Connie Mack Little League (1955 – 1959).
- Co - Founder/ President - Town of Amherst, New York - Junior Football League (1955 – 1959).
Official/Committee Member - Buffalo Golden Gloves Programs (1966 - 1976)
- Official/Director/President – Niagara Amateur Athletic Union (1952 – 1975).
- Director – National AAU Sports Admnistrator - (1961 – 1974).
- Member/Director/Executive Secretary - US Olympic Basketball Committee (1959 – 1980).
- Member/Director/President – AAU National Basketball Committee (1954 – 1985).
- Manager - US State Dept Basketball Goodwill Tours of Eastern Europe & South America (1963 – 1971).
- Manager - 1971 US Pan American Men's Basketball Team - Cali, Columbia
Manager - 1972 US Olympic Men's Basketball Team - Munich, Germany
- Writer & Lead Representative for the US Appeal of the Final Game Result - 1972 Olympic Men's Basketball
- Manager - 1974 US World Championship Men's Basketball Team - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Board of Directors – Dunlop Annual Sports Awards Dinner.- Buffalo, NY
- Co-Founder & Western Regional Director – New York State Empire State Games (1975 – 1986).
*NOTE: The years of service in brackets, if not accurate, are very close.
The Herb Mols website was created and populated by his son Gary Mols (photos and archives) on behalf of his daughter Mary Mols Siedman (archives & photos) , his son David Mols (photos), his daughter Sandra Mols Hughes (consulting), his daughter Susan Mols Wright (photos) and his grandson Alex Fraser (archives).